International Quality Assurance Programme
World over, the accepted measure of quality assurance in education is voluntary accreditation. Voluntary Accreditation is a concept of self-regulation which focuses on self-study and evaluation and on the continuing improvement of educational quality. It is both a process and a result. As a process, it is a form of peer review in which an association of schools and colleges establishes sets of criteria and procedures. As a result, it is a form of certification granted by a recognized and authorized accrediting agency.
Consistent with the above, AMDISA as an international not-for-profit association has taken the initiative and evolved its Quality Assurance program - SAQS as a service to the management education profession worldwide. SAQS embodies a professional approach and is designed as an international accreditation system.
- AMDISA launched the global benchmark quality assurance and accreditation system for Business Schools - SAQS.
- SAQS is the quality assurance scheme run by AMDISA as a service to the management education profession worldwide.
- It is an international system of strategic audit and accreditation designed for the assessment of Institution in widely different national contexts.
- It is a globally benchmarked system for Mentoring, Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance, Accreditation.
- It mentors B-Schools for self-assessment and follow up.
- SAQS processes lead to improvement through highlighting the need to meet internationally accepted quality standards.
- SAQS Quality Label is a recognition to the institution's commitment to Quality and Quality Assurance through continuous improvement.
- It is inspired by EQUIS criteria guidelines.
- It is institutional. Institution being defined as the organisational unit providing business and management education.
- It encourages B-Schools to undertake Institutional Assessment.
- It involves Academics with strong track record as peer review experts.
- It includes corporate / public system leaders in peer review exercise.
- It respects diversity and context.
- It is the initiative of an international not-for -profit professional body, AMDISA.